Author Topic: CoW Ep. 512: A Full Set of Specials (And Ep. 523!)  (Read 665 times)

Languorous Lass

on: October 24, 2022, 03:09:58 AM
Cast of Wonders 512: A Full Set of Specials

Also, Episode 523! A Staff Pick for 2022! Hosted by Editorial Assistant & Associate Editor Amy Brennan!

• Author: Marguerite Sheffer
• Narrator: Laura Hobbs
• Host, Episode 523: Amy Brennan
• Host, Episode 512: Emma Smailes
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter

"A Full Set of Specials" is a Cast of Wonders original.

Click here to listen to Episode 523
Click here to listen to Episode 512

Content Warning:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I’m not used to holding strangers’ hands, the way Miss Tina is. I don’t like how they go all soft and strange in mine, all vulnerable. Like anyone can walk in the door, their hands in any state, and they just let you touch them. The sharp tang of the remover is everywhere, not covered by the fake floral-smelling lotions at all, just blown around by the hum of the little drying fans.

Miss Tina is showing me the ropes at Pure Elegance. It’s my third week on the job: weekends, and twice a week after school. I’ve leveled up from just sweeping the floor and wiping down the manicurists’ tables to doing polish removal and general prep. Now I get to sit down, sometimes, and when it’s slow I can check my phone. Miss Tina’s family, somehow, but I couldn’t tell you where in my family tree you’d find her. My mom sends me with extra rice and beans and pickled onions for her. Every day when I pull out the tupperware Miss Tina shakes her head like she doesn’t need or want the generosity, but she puts it in the minifridge and eats it at her station all the same.

Tags:  Amy Brennan, beauty, Emma Smailes, inner strength, Jeremy Carter, Laura Hobbs, magic, manicure, Marguerite Sheffer, Staff Picks 2022, USA, wonder,  young adult fiction
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 12:35:51 AM by Languorous Lass »