Author Topic: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog  (Read 32791 times)

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #75 on: September 11, 2008, 12:52:43 AM
Executives Is what I ment, but I'm bad at American, too bad I never learned any other languages..

Well- Dollhouse looks cool. I don't trust Fox as far as I can throw one of their fatcat directors over priced mahogany desks, but here's hoping we get something out of it. 
I dunno about that.
On one hand it looks like a vehicle for FOX style T&A (not that there's anything wrong with T&A). On the other one hand it's Joss and he could make the IRS exciting and creative.

...but I like T&A...

Who doesn't?

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

Russell Nash

Reply #76 on: September 11, 2008, 11:25:26 AM
I still don't understand why he's back at Fox.  "What do they have?" one of my friends asked. "Lewd pictures of him or something?"

Simple answer:  Eliza Dushku had a production deal with Fox.  She was talking to Joss.  They made a plan.  Fox makes the show.  If he had tried to take the show without her and sell it somewhere else, he probably would have had a hell of a time jus getting someone interested.  With Fox it was already a done deal.

sirana

• Lochage
Reply #77 on: September 11, 2008, 03:16:01 PM
I still don't understand why he's back at Fox.  "What do they have?" one of my friends asked. "Lewd pictures of him or something?"

Simple answer:  Eliza Dushku had a production deal with Fox.  She was talking to Joss.  They made a plan.  Fox makes the show.  If he had tried to take the show without her and sell it somewhere else, he probably would have had a hell of a time jus getting someone interested.  With Fox it was already a done deal.

Plus Joss had said that he created the show especially for Eliza as a lead, so he couldn't really go to another network. And the management that is responsible for the oversight over the shows has changed so the guys who killed Firefly aren't involved anymore, which must have made the decision easier.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #78 on: September 11, 2008, 03:44:11 PM
Ah, that makes a lot more sense then, I guess.  Thanks for clearing it up!

sirana

• Lochage
Reply #79 on: September 12, 2008, 07:38:17 PM
The Dr. Horrible Soundtrack hits the Billboard Top 40 (at #39 ) in its first week which is impressive
a) as a Soundtrack
b) since it is only sold on iTunes at the moment

Anybody know how often it would have to sell to get that high?

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #80 on: September 12, 2008, 08:39:56 PM
The Dr. Horrible Soundtrack hits the Billboard Top 40 (at #39 ) in its first week which is impressive
a) as a Soundtrack
b) since it is only sold on iTunes at the moment

Anybody know how often it would have to sell to get that high?

Hey, cool.  I didn't even know iTunes sales were counted on Billboard. 

sirana

• Lochage
Reply #81 on: November 29, 2008, 11:08:13 AM
The DVD is availlable for Pre-Order on Amazon.

Buy it, or a character you love will die.

Oh, wait...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 08:25:18 AM by Russell Nash »

Loz

• Lochage
    • Blah Flowers
Reply #82 on: November 30, 2008, 01:24:36 PM
Bah, waiting for the UK version...

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #83 on: November 30, 2008, 06:08:33 PM
Buy it, or a character you love will die.

she got better!
the guild season 2 just started.

cuddlebug

• Peltast
Reply #84 on: January 13, 2009, 10:27:41 PM
Finally got around to watch it, had bought it on iTunes a long time ago and wow, it was definitely worth it. I have never been a fan of Buffy, actually the idea of a cute sexy and smart superhero girl, saving the world from doom, just really annoyed me. But have loved Firefly from start to finish and now supporting Dr Horrible will have to be my next mission, so how many t-shirts and other merch do you think I'll have to order to make sure there will be an act IV and V and ....:-?

Has anyone heard anything new? Don't think there has been anything on twitter.

davedoty

• Peltast
Reply #85 on: January 14, 2009, 12:58:18 AM
Last I heard was that everyone wants to do more, but they had to wait until their schedules lined up (Read: Dollhouse and How I Met Your Mother, presumably.)

Russell Nash

Reply #86 on: February 10, 2009, 10:44:10 AM

Plus Joss had said that he created the show especially for Eliza as a lead, so he couldn't really go to another network. And the management that is responsible for the oversight over the shows has changed so the guys who killed Firefly aren't involved anymore, which must have made the decision easier.

It seems Fox has already started making trouble.  Whedon was on All Things Considered talking about Dollhouse.  He said the reshoot of the pilot was because Fox was nervous about the sex and wanted more action.  It seems Fox just wants another Dark Angel.

The article links to a few clips from Dollhouse.