Author Topic: Stephen Kings "N"  (Read 5351 times)

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
on: August 10, 2008, 02:36:52 AM
This came to my attention from a friend of mine who knows I'm a huge Stephen King Fan. I only have the first two downloads- am currently watching the first.  I can ALREADY tell this is masterful creepy genuis. Comic-book like.  Wonderful and with the usual King chill lingering about it like a damp cold fog.  Come, join me in watching it... in the dark.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 04:49:24 AM
N.

interesting idea, horribly implemented.
the player's screen is tiny and cannot be resized. it's set up to play the episodes in reverse order so you can't just let it go, manually start each episode every minute or two instead. the episodes have an intro & outro, every single one of them, and when episodes are less than two minutes long that adds up quick. with the added commercials you have to spend at least as much time waiting for the story as you do watching it.

too bad, the reading/comic crossover was pretty good otherwise.

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 06:29:30 PM
Humm. I've gotten it from Itunes (yes I'm a sheep - Baa) no commercials, but I indeed paid to get it. I'm pleased. The episodes are short, but I've no issues with "small screen". But, then I'm easily entertained and a HUGE fan, so I'm willing to put up with more for output. Heck, I read Dreamcatcher. Didn't like it, but I read it.  Thanks for the reply none the less. I was a little scared starting my first thread here, being a newbie.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 12:45:17 AM
i didn't mind dreamcatcher (the book. bad, bad idea to make a movie out of it). pretty much everything King has written keeps me entertained.

clunky as the page is, i went back to catch up. it's not as intrusive when you only see a couple episodes at once. still, makes you appreciate escape artists' refusal to sell out in a big way.

Raving_Lunatic

• Radiohead Addict (please, do not encourage this)
  • Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 07:53:00 PM
Stephen King I only ever liked one book of, and that was Misery. Very addictive.

DarkKnightJRK

• Peltast
Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 01:59:40 AM
Haven't seen the animated thing, but I read the print version in Just After Sunset, and it's definately the best story in the book, if not one of King's best short stories.