Author Topic: Flash Pieces  (Read 3206 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: September 15, 2008, 07:38:23 PM
is it just me or has it been a while since the last EP Flash?
i could just be missing one, but seems like its been a while

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 08:15:39 PM
A while?  Yeah, it's been a while.  I could be wrong but I think Cory Doctorow's "Print Crime" was the last Flash Fiction piece EP got.  I'm still hoping for some of the fiction from the EP Flash Fiction contest, too. 

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 08:21:13 PM
A while?  Yeah, it's been a while.  I could be wrong but I think Cory Doctorow's "Print Crime" was the last Flash Fiction piece EP got.  I'm still hoping for some of the fiction from the EP Flash Fiction contest, too. 

Some of those pieces will be coming out on Podcastle this fall.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 09:03:54 PM
You should read the rest if you haven't already. It's Desmond Warzel's Wikihistory. It would make a nice flash.

Holy cow, that IS good.  Good enough to make me push "resurrect EP flash" a notch or two higher up in my brainspace.  Thank you for the pointer, Alllie!

This gives me hope that we may be getting more flash.

I've been trying to come up with a way to do a polite pettition or "march on EP", but everything I thought of would be rude or obnoxious, especially if Steve is not in a possition to do this.  I get the feeling that he has been doing his best just to get the main feed out on a regular schedule.  I don't want to come accross as ungrateful for the fine podcast Steve puts out. 

So I willl simply say, "I would love more flash.  What do you need from me?"

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 10:24:08 PM
Yeah, hopefully I didn't come off as that guy.  I would love to see more EP flash fiction, too, and if there's anything I can do to make it happen, I'd love to help. 

I know there's stuff coming down the line from Podcastle, which is great.  Pseudopod also puts out a regularly good stream of Flash.  But I do love some good, fast SF, too.  There were a couple from the contest I doubt could get played on one of the other 'casts.