Author Topic: Trying to change my avatar  (Read 5284 times)

Zathras

on: October 27, 2008, 04:13:50 PM
I'm trying to change my avatar and having problems.  I shrank a .jpg down, but I got a message saying "The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."  Am I doing something wrong?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 10:23:51 PM
happened to me too, i think Steve mightve accidentally restricted our permissions and it wont let us, or the upload directory is messed up.

so for now at least u gotta link to photobucket or sumtin

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Zathras

Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 10:30:44 PM
OK, time to swallow my pride...

How do I do that.  I used to be computer literate.  I didn't want DOS to go away...

Nt 2 B TKN INTRNLY

• Palmer
  • Program Error: User "Daniel" Terminated
    • Brain Radiation
Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 10:32:10 PM
This happened to me too. If you really want to put this picture up, just upload it to the net elsewhere (I used FB), and copy it here using the "Insert Photo URL: [or something along those lines]" box.

I wonder what it would be like to feel my brain...

Russell Nash

Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 10:50:17 PM
If you have a yahoo address, flickr is the easiest.  you just type in your yahoo address and fill out a couple of things and you're on flickr.  If you don't have a yahoo address, it's a bit longer.

Once you have the account you need to upload your picture.  It's idiot proof just follow the "Upload pictures" link.

Then go to the photo page.  You need to find the url.  On flickr you click on the "all sizes" button above the picture. 

On the bottom of that page you'll see a field marked "Grab the photo's URL".  Take the link out of that and paste it in the box across from where it says "I have my own pic" on the Escape artists profile modification page.

Have fun

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 10:51:57 PM by Russell Nash »

Zathras

Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 10:59:36 PM
Thanks, I was trying to do it from myspace with no luck

Zathras

Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 05:37:52 PM
Got it working!  Thanks for removing a little more of my ignorance!   ;)