Author Topic: Double-posting? WTF?  (Read 10476 times)

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
on: February 12, 2009, 02:28:06 PM
Seems every time I've posted to a thread lately, I get the "whoops! You already submitted this post" message, though I know I only clicked once.  WTF is the deal with this?  At least my posts are getting posted instead of destroyed, but seriously WTF?  ???

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Raving_Lunatic

• Radiohead Addict (please, do not encourage this)
  • Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 05:25:50 PM
I get the same thing. Either that or it claims someone else posted a reply while I was typing, I look down and it's another Raving_Lunatic with my exact turn of phrase :(

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 05:46:59 PM
At least you can post, my Safari was able to post one topic when I reinstalled it and then it stopped working again.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 01:23:18 AM
At least you can post, my Safari was able to post one topic when I reinstalled it and then it stopped working again.

I would ditch that program.  I shouldn't even have it installed at all, but I forgot to uncheck a box when iTunes was updating one day.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 01:49:08 AM
haha, i caught it when it tried to pull that on me... NO I DONT WANT SAFARI! :P
i get the double post thing every once in a while, these forums arent the best but they work and keep spammers more at bay than others (tho not so much anymore... :()

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 01:57:01 AM
I would ditch that program.  I shouldn't even have it installed at all, but I forgot to uncheck a box when iTunes was updating one day.

The problem is I really, really like Safari. Firefox is the one I'd ditch if I could fix this damnable error. I'm fairly certain it's one of my add-ons acting up, I just haven't been able to isolate which one.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Russell Nash

Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 10:12:45 AM

The problem is I really, really like Safari. Firefox is the one I'd ditch if I could fix this damnable error. I'm fairly certain it's one of my add-ons acting up, I just haven't been able to isolate which one.

My Safari is a total dream.  Fast and simple.

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 11:08:11 AM
I'm having the same error with Opera 9.x. Fortunately the comments are still posting. I just ignore the error.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 05:06:00 AM
And suddenly it's working again. Odd.

Russell Nash

Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 08:43:17 AM
This is  a problem I've noticed several different times over the last 6 months or so.  It always goes away.

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 04:25:02 PM
This is  a problem I've noticed several different times over the last 6 months or so.  It always goes away.

It lasted for about two months though, which makes it odd.

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 05:40:40 PM
Wait ... do you use a Mac, or a PC?  I'd understand a Mac user preferring Safari.  Myself, don't need a browser with the ugly look of iTunes.

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 06:12:14 PM
Wait ... do you use a Mac, or a PC?  I'd understand a Mac user preferring Safari.  Myself, don't need a browser with the ugly look of iTunes.

Mac by way of linux.

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 07:06:15 PM

Mac by way of linux.

Eh?  ???

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 07:16:23 PM

Mac by way of linux.

I use a Macbook, and spend a lot of time in OS X, but I still spend some time in Linux (usually when I'm coding).

Eh?  ???

Zathras

Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 02:16:52 PM
I have been getting session timed out errors.  The board tells me to log out and log back in, but when I get those, I can't even log out.

izzardfan

Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 08:36:11 AM
I have been getting session timed out errors.  The board tells me to log out and log back in, but when I get those, I can't even log out.

Yep, happened here, too.  I just closed the browser and then came back to the forum (I stay logged in "forever").  If you're posting and it happens, select your post text, copy it, and then you can paste it back in once you're back to that spot again (if you think it's worth the bother).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 10:10:48 AM by izzardfan »

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 09:25:42 AM

Yep, happened here, too.  I just closed the browser and then came back to the forum (I stay logged in "forever").  If you're posting and it happens, select your post text, copy it, and then you can pasted it back in once you're back to that spot again (if you think it's worth the bother).

You can also try switching browsers.

Zathras

Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 02:41:57 PM
Having the same problems with Firefox and Explorer

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 03:55:55 PM
fuckin forums.
:P havnt had that problem... yet. *knocks on wood*

I have a dream that one day these forums will rise up and live out the true service we need: "We hold these stories to be bad-ass, that SF is what we point to when we say it."

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 05:23:38 AM
... of course... now i'm getting the error all the time :( meh.

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 06:02:06 AM
This shit's so fucked up.  :-\

Every three clicks out of four here I get "timed out" or "you already submitted this post" or "the page you requested is not available."

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 02:18:30 PM
This shit's so fucked up.  :-\

Every three clicks out of four here I get "timed out" or "you already submitted this post" or "the page you requested is not available."

I got a lot of timeout errors Sunday and Monday, but now all the errors are gone. Opera 9.6x, WinXPSP2.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42