Author Topic: How unobservant am I?  (Read 3594 times)

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
on: March 28, 2009, 04:25:39 AM
I just noticed that the home Podcastle page has a new image at the top!  When did that come out and how long have I not noticed it?

I like it!

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 04:35:05 AM
It was put up last night, I don't know how much I can say about the artist, so I'll leave that for Rachel — At least I can assuage your worries.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 04:37:16 AM
That is very cool new art!  It looks very nice.  In a way I miss the old image too though.  I think the first drawing was by Rachel herself, but I may be wrong.  I'm sure I will get used to it.  We still have Rachel's avatar (for now).

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 04:54:53 AM
I believe the plan is to rotate banners every few months, possibly adding others if good ones come along (but this one would be hard to top). I suppose the blog's theme could be rewritten to do it automatically if we got that many, but I don't think I need to start working on that yet.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Rachel Swirsky

• Hipparch
    • PodCastle
Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 04:56:19 AM
The initial drawing was by Nicole Thayer, who was also briefly our sound editor (between Steve and Amanda Fitzwater).

I'll announce more about the new art in a coming introduction.