Author Topic: location, location, location!  (Read 2098 times)

Zathras

on: July 24, 2009, 08:24:57 PM
Got all of our stuff unloaded and into the new house in Pocahontas, IL today. We still have a lot of unpacking to do, but we're ahead of schedule.  We're having lots of family and friends come to town tomorrow, so if you're in the area, stop by the lake.  (PM me if you think you'll stop by.)

Raving_Lunatic

• Radiohead Addict (please, do not encourage this)
  • Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 09:10:11 PM
Congrats on the move. it's damn stressful, but the worst is done!

Russell Nash

Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 09:19:19 PM
After living in the southwest, you're going to freeze your ass off up there in winter.

Zathras

Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 12:53:56 AM
I grew up 15 miles from here.  I now live in the home town of Gretchen Wilson.

Russell Nash

Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 03:58:24 PM
Who??

::Wikipedia search::

Oh … Who??

Zathras

Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 02:56:52 AM
We needed nearly all appliances for our new home.  For once, I did some thinking before purchasing.  We signed up for ConsumerReports.org and did some research.  I then priced some of the appliances at different stores.  Ended up getting a good deal on a range, washer and dryer from Sears.  Got a discount on top of that and will get the shipping charges refunded in the form of a prepaid Mastercard. 

I was going to call the local stores with the total that we received from Sears.com and see if they could beat the price, but a little investigation proved that the effort would be wasted.   By doing a search for promo codes and getting the added discounts, it was unlikely that we would have saved $100 by mercilessly beating the local merchants over the head. 

We had already scored a great deal on a large side by side refrigerator freezer combo and a large deep freeze.  We have to pick up a mower and a dishwasher, and we plan on mercilessly beating the local merchants over the head for those.