Author Topic: Pseudopod 008: Indications  (Read 3261 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: October 07, 2009, 03:57:29 AM
Pseudopod 008: Indications

By Richard S. Crawford
Read by Paul Fischer (of the Balticon and ADD Casts)

Most days he could forget the symptoms when he got involved in his work; but the blemish on his neck preyed on his mind all morning, through the telephone calls, reports, and staff — staph? — meetings. At one point he thought about e-mailing his mother at the nursing school where she taught to describe the blemish to her. But then he thought better of the idea; even though she was used to it, he didn’t want to seem foolish if it was nothing but a pimple, after all.

Still, though. It preyed. Each time he thought about the spot, a cold stone would settle in his belly and tug at his heart, and he’d reach up, unthinking, to touch it. Was it warmer than the surrounding skin? Or was that just his imagination?

Again, we are proud to be sponsored this week by the custom book binder Dreaming Mind. Beautiful custom made books, portfolios and other products.

Listen to this week's Pseudopod.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 10:59:58 AM
This was baffling. I guess it's horror if you're a hypochondriac but otherwise... it's just EH?

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 05:11:59 PM
This one was okay.  I did find it hard to believe that he didn't care about his job at all when he is clearly such a worrier.  The ending was so extremely random in a bad way.  Perhaps I should've caught a hint at the mention of smoke, but it really just seemed tacked on, and the remaining hair was nonsensical.

Millenium_King

• Lochage
    • Ankor Sabat
Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 11:40:16 PM
I was kind of disappointed with this one.  Looooong build up, without a lot of tension (just a description of the guy's work etc.).  We're all waiting, of course, to see just what gross thing the pimple will turn out to be and....... the guy just spontaneously combusts.  Just didn't do it for me.  This one needed a big payoff at the end - I just didn't think it was there (not like, for example, "Linda's Appointment").

Visit my blog atop the black ziggurat of Ankor Sabat, including my list of Top 10 Pseudopod episodes.