Author Topic: Astra Publications  (Read 3033 times)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
on: August 27, 2010, 06:52:37 PM
Does anyone know anything about Astra Publications? They seemed to materialize from apparently nowhere, launched 4 magazines submissions guidelines in 3 days, each with a supposedly different unknown editor but I got rejections from all of them within 30 minutes of each other today(I'm guessing they're the same person). Starting to wonder if something's fishy.

Also, they all have almost identical websites, but none of them mention the other publications. All have email addresses under the astrapublications domain name. All are rather hard to find by Googling: 3 have common phrases for names (nth Dimension, Desert Rose, and Pulp Fic). The 4th name isn't one I thought was common, but after doing a search apparently it is (Atomic Squirrel).

Any thoughts?

Millenium_King

• Lochage
    • Ankor Sabat
Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 10:16:05 PM
I would pass on them.

Visit my blog atop the black ziggurat of Ankor Sabat, including my list of Top 10 Pseudopod episodes.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 10:29:48 PM
Thanks for the link.  Ha, at the Absolute Writer link they referenced the thread I started over on Hatrack.  :P

montsamu

• Extern
Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 08:26:57 PM
I will say that I received an (unasked for) refund of a PDF I bought from them, to see what kinds of stories they might like.