Author Topic: Daikaiju?  (Read 10721 times)

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
on: February 23, 2007, 10:13:28 PM
I remember when Pod Disc was first launched Steve said something about bringing the Daikaiju Escape Pod theme back so people could buy it.  Has it happened yet?  I like the Daikaiju album I have a lot but I'd love to get a copy of that theme music. 

Startrekwiki

Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 11:04:07 PM
Yes. I've introduced all of my friends to Daikaiju, and they like them a lot. In fact, they've been helping me look for the theme music to EP. Still can't find it!

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 11:27:02 PM
It's very close to happening.  All the pieces are more-or-less in place; I just have to finalize things with the band and get stuff to the printers.  Hold tight.

ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine

Startrekwiki

Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 11:32:20 PM
It's very close to happening.  All the pieces are more-or-less in place; I just have to finalize things with the band and get stuff to the printers.  Hold tight.

This is awesome news! I plan to purchase it the second that it comes out!

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 12:03:44 AM
Holding very tightly! :)  Thanks for the update, Steve.

radiant-man

• Extern
  • Surprisingly Dazzling
    • radiant-man's Myspace Page
Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 01:04:36 AM
I remember when Pod Disc was first launched Steve said something about bringing the Daikaiju Escape Pod theme back so people could buy it.  Has it happened yet?  I like the Daikaiju album I have a lot but I'd love to get a copy of that theme music. 

Your Wait Will Be Short
Daikaiju Phase 5 Is Here
The Old Will Be New

radiant-man
Keeper of Surprisingly Dazzling Lightshow
Science Team Daikaiju

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 03:54:26 PM

Wow.  This status update is almost two years old.  Steve, can you provide any new info about this?  Did the plans fall through?

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Randomtime

• Extern
Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 11:01:32 PM
I remember somewhere seeing that TPSM would be out on Daikaiju's latest album (Phase 5) - however on Daikaiju's myspace - the Phase 5 anouncement was about the same time as this post (feb 21 2007 at Their blog]) - I'd love to have more Daikaiju music (I currently have the album "Daikaiju from iTunes). Hope springs eternal!

Planish

• Hipparch
  • Fun will now commence.
    • northernelectric.ca
Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 01:15:43 PM
Yay! see http://www.daikaiju.org/
   Phase 2
Released September 2010
Format: CD
Songs:
1. Escape From Nebula M Spacehunter
2. Flight Of Garuda
3. Laser Runner
4. Za Feijingu Supaidaa Kyoui
5. Choujikuu Mitsukai
6. Jellyfish Sunrise
7. Mr. Smoothstar
8. Shooting the Wormhole
9. Forcefield Lifts Over Neon City
10. Zombie Harem

You can buy CDs from there or download it from the iTunes Store.

Track 4 is a new version of "Phasing Spider Menace" which you hear on the EP flash episodes, IIRC. (Personally, I like the earlier version.)
Track 5 "Choujikuu Mitsukai" is the outro music on regular EP episodes. I've only heard the 30-second sample from iTunes. It sounds very similar to the Escape Pod version, but slightly different.
Track 10 - Zombie Harem ... That just kicks butt, always has.

Full-length samples (streaming) of six of the tracks at http://www.myspace.com/daikaiju

As near as I can make out, I guess "Phase 5" refers to the version of the band (personnel changes), and "Phase 2" refers to the second full-length published CD.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 01:19:49 PM by Planish »

I feed The Pod.
("planish" rhymes with "vanish")

ArbysMom

• Palmer
    • Twitter
Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 11:27:43 AM

It's been years, but I finally found a copy of the full track used for the Escape Pod theme music online! It's here:

https://soundcloud.com/user-703435305/daikaiju-the-final-phase

Any moderator who wants to cross post this somewhere else in the forum, or move the post, please feel free.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 03:10:14 PM
It's also worth checking their website and facebook pages to see where they're playing near you. Live show is totally worth it!

http://www.daikaiju.org/

http://www.songkick.com/artists/86314-daikaiju

For example, I am considering what I need to do to see their show in Athens on 4/6.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”