Author Topic: Merge accounts?  (Read 4335 times)

Ben JB

on: August 02, 2012, 12:09:20 PM
Does anyone (especially any admin) know if there is a way to merge accounts? I've somehow ended up with two separate accounts here (Ben JB and benjaminjb); if there were a way to merge them, that would be helpful.

eytanz

Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 12:42:04 PM
Unfortunately, merging accounts is not a feature of the forum software we have. The best I can do is delete one account while retaining the posts, and adding the post count to your other account. This will almost be like merging the accounts but the posts belonging to the deleted account will not be associated with the other account.

Ben JB

Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 04:31:08 PM
Unfortunately, merging accounts is not a feature of the forum software we have. The best I can do is delete one account while retaining the posts, and adding the post count to your other account. This will almost be like merging the accounts but the posts belonging to the deleted account will not be associated with the other account.

Thank you, eytanz. I thought it was a long-shot, but I thought I would try. Obviously this isn't a rush job, but if you could erase this account (Ben JB), that would be helpful.

eytanz

Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 10:37:09 PM
Done.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 01:34:57 AM
Who? I don't remember any Ben JB... I think you're making things up.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 02:14:38 AM
Who? I don't remember any Ben JB... I think you're making things up.

He was that guy, don't you remember? The skinny short fat tall dude?

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”