Author Topic: PC229: The Tonsor’s Son  (Read 12921 times)

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 11:09:35 AM
Wow. This had me from beginning to end. As others have said I wasn't sure where it was gonna go but it wove so artfully from possibly demented murderer to redeeming godlet that the journey was half the fun! The other half was the resolution. And the other half was the narration. :)

Fantastic story. I think there's something visceral about the act of shaving the face that speaks to every man.

And goddamit I still hate shaving!

LaShawn

• Lochage
  • Writer Mommies Rule!
    • The Cafe in the Woods
Reply #26 on: December 21, 2012, 09:04:10 PM
Whoa. This will be a story that I would like to read. The language was rich and creepy. Especially the parts about the beard spreading its seed...::shudder::

--
Visit LaShawn at The Cafe in the Woods:
http://tbonecafe.wordpress.com
Another writer's antiblog: In Touch With Yours Truly

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 08:49:27 PM
Wow. I'm not sure how to react to this besides stunned silence. Just damn.

A definition of Tonsor during the intro may have been helpful. Then again, the context definition delivery was adequate.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 10:43:31 PM
I have FINALLY gotten my husband to agree to give PodCastle (and podcasts in general) a chance, so I downloaded a few stories for him that I thought would get him hooked and this is what he listened to today.  He came home a changed man.  He really liked the story.  ;D Sweet.

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #29 on: January 29, 2013, 02:04:31 AM
I have FINALLY gotten my husband to agree to give PodCastle (and podcasts in general) a chance, so I downloaded a few stories for him that I thought would get him hooked and this is what he listened to today.  He came home a changed man.  He really liked the story.  ;D Sweet.

BWAHAHAHA YEAH SURE THAT'S WHERE IT STARTS! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

(good choice btw!!)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 07:44:26 PM
This story made the final four in the Podcastle Best of 2012 Poll!  Voting is open until March 28th.

childoftyranny

• Matross
Reply #31 on: April 16, 2013, 10:18:54 PM
I quite liked this creepy jaunt into facial hair mythology! I don't know that I have much to add to discussion directly, other than this reminds me of an idea I toyed with a while back about parasitic grass, which if you consider it, the hair could be parasitic, as it makes demons of those who take it as their own, the story might actually be even creepier if one discovered that they weren't actually demons/immortals, the hair was was a parasite that make them hallucinate, hmm.