Author Topic: Best reading of Escape Pod 2012 poll  (Read 2737 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: May 23, 2013, 10:05:55 PM
As for reading, fewer people nominated, and there was pretty wide selection of nominations.  So 13 nominations, only 3 of which were mentioned more than once.  So we're going with those.

flintknapper

• Lochage
Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 05:27:05 PM
Three good reads. However, I ended up voting for Dave Thompson. Not because I did not like the other narrators, but because I thought the narration really made that story work. I could in many ways feel the connection between the two main characters through the narration. I do not think I would have liked the story as much as I did if I was just reading it in print.

The only problem working against Dave and I know it is going to come up even though I probably shouldnt be the one to bring it up since I do not care, but people are going to shy away from devour because of the whole "it should have been on pseudopod" arguement. 

I think overall escapepod (and escape artists in general) does a great job at picking people to narrate stories. They try to find people who match the stories they are reading. One gripe I have about some other podcasts (which will remain nameless) is that they only use a handful of narrators and those people, while they do their best, are not always the right fit for the story. It is probably easier to use a fewer number of voices throughout the year, but I appreciate the diversity.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 01:06:08 AM
And the winner by a nose is Christiana Ellis for Food for Thought.  Congratulations!