Author Topic: Maybe scaring people once in a while isn't such a bad idea.  (Read 3557 times)

wendigo1

• Extern
I have a confession to make.

I've listened to the various EA podcasts for several years now. Up until today I've never posted in the forums and I've never subbed or donated. It's not that I haven't considered subscribing or planned to donate but I've always just kind of put if off for "next week" for some reason or another.

I needed exactly the kind of reality check that was given in the metacast.

Just dropped you guys a $50 donation and signed up for a $5/month sub. If I can I'll donate again...um...next week... ;D Figured I might as well get my first forum post out of the way by crowing about it.

Thank you all for the years of awesome fiction and I hope you scared a lot more complacent jackasses like myself.

w

Haekel

• Extern
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 12:33:30 AM
and I hope you scared a lot more complacent jackasses like myself.

They did.

Scatcatpdx

Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 01:49:14 AM
Nope I just shrugged my shoulders.  The problem with care tactics is  they can backfire.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 03:17:06 AM
Nope I just shrugged my shoulders.  The problem with care tactics is  they can backfire.

But we just want people to care!  :D

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 04:21:46 AM

I feel like we should stare at Scatcatpdx and stick out our guts until light radiates from them.

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 04:39:30 AM

I feel like we should stare at Scatcatpdx and stick out our guts until light radiates from them.

That's pretty much my reaction every time, yes.

Scatcatpdx

Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 03:13:33 AM
Nope I just shrugged my shoulders.  The problem with care tactics is  they can backfire.

But we just want people to care!  :D

You tricks will not  work on me  (inert evil laugh)

But seriously  for me its more  of matter of taste and some  moral conviction (playing NC-17 material) and some reactions to when some one  raised objections (ie. the story is not Science Fiction) . Escapepod has never really  raised my interest  were I fee this is something  I really want to get involved by supporting above other obligations.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:22:10 PM by Scatcatpdx »