Author Topic: Calling London  (Read 2270 times)

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
on: April 27, 2007, 11:05:17 AM
I'm looking for someone in or near London who has a digital camera and some time to kill.
Here's the deal:
In the British museum there is a rare and ancient artifact, one of only 6 in the world, that I need to get a good look at. All that needs to be done is to contact the curator and make an appointment to stop by and photograph it in the study room, and then e-mail the pictures to me…with out getting caught.

Ok, I’m joking about the last part, but if playing Cloak and Dagger is any more incentive I’m happy to oblige. What’s going on is this; I'm working to reproduce the Iron Age "Massive Brass Armlet" because I think it’ll be a lot of fun. I have all the books and 200 year old archeologist’s notes and that, but the pictures of the surface details are quite poor. There’s no risk of me counterfeiting this piece, and the museum is happy to have pictures taken for private use like this, but I live just outside driving distance (America).
I am in a bit of a hurry I'm afraid, so this would need to be able to happen in the near future. As incentive I'll be happy to reimburse the cost of your visit and a beer in the cafe, and if we ever meet at an Escape Pod party I'll bring along my bottle of Port Ellen.

If you’re interested, drop me a private message, or leave a comment below and I’ll write you.
Thanks!

Ps. I'll understand if this is too far off the SF Track and it should be taken down.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 11:08:30 AM by Thaurismunths »

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?