Author Topic: Escape Pod Premium Content: Suave Rob’s Double-X Derring-Do  (Read 7525 times)

Dwango

• Matross
I just got this email about an episode for donors, but I don't recall any mention of it. Usually you guys let us know about these extras, so I am suspicious it is legit. Is this extra content?

raetsel

• Peltast
    • MCL & Me
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 08:50:19 PM
Alisdair has mentioned it a while back.

I was quite excited but when I got my link it came up access denied from the Amazon S3 link.

I tried generating a new link but got the same result.

I have 1 more attempt left but I'll give it a couple of days in case the kinks need ironing out.

eytanz

Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 08:58:30 PM
I also got an access denied error.

Thunderscreech

• Lochage
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 09:56:05 PM
I'm a monthly contributor and received no notice, is it because I contribute via Dwolla?  We seem to get short-shrift fairly regularly.

eytanz

Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 10:08:39 PM
I believe that the way Dwolla handles user privacy means that Escape Artists don't actually know who donates via Dwolla; they get the money, but no information about the donors' identities.

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 10:26:38 PM
Hi folks, Graeme here. Unfortunately, there is a technical problem with the download of Suave Rob. We're working to fix it and will let you know when it's resolved. Our apologies for the inconvenience! This is definitely on the way once the bugs are cleared out.

kibitzer

• Hipparch
Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 10:28:35 PM
@Thunderscreech, really sorry you haven't received any content. Eytan is right, I'm not aware that we have visibility of Dwolla donations. But now that I'm aware of this, I'll check into it. I can't give you a timeframe for resolution but I will check it out.

Lisa3737

• Palmer
This was enjoyable and entertaining bonus content.  Excellent narration.  Thanks Escape Pod!!

Thunderscreech

• Lochage
I sounds lovely, I would like to hear it sometime.

kibitzer

• Hipparch
OK, here's the deal if you're on Dwolla.

We don't have any way to contact you, because Dwolla doesn't tell us. That's the nature of Dwolla, and that's fine.

We're forever grateful for your ongoing donations because we could not keep doing this without you. And we'd love to give you the bonus content... but we can't without knowing just a bit more about you.

So, I'm putting together a completely voluntary register for Dwolla donators. I'll let you know soon how to enter your details, if you're interested.

Thunderscreech

• Lochage
Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 12:38:29 PM
I'm very interested, thanks!  I just noticed that according to my PMs, the first time I reached out on this issue was March of 2014, seems like a tricky issue to address.  I appreciate any help, sounds like I'm missing out on some cool stuff.

kibitzer

• Hipparch
Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 06:32:37 AM
Here we go! If you donate via Dwolla and would like to receive premium content, click right here.

Thunderscreech

• Lochage
Reply #12 on: March 20, 2016, 02:39:11 PM
Wonderful, thank you!  Done.

Thunderscreech

• Lochage
Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 04:34:51 AM
I listened, that was an absolutely excellent story and narration.

Thunderscreech

• Lochage
Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 02:39:32 PM
I just wanted to say again how much I enjoyed this premium story.  Are there plans to do something like this again?