Author Topic: Looking for specific episode  (Read 3505 times)

rmbradburn

• Extern
on: September 20, 2016, 04:38:57 AM
Haven't actually been on the forum before, and I'm not as regular of a listener as I used to be. I was looking for a specific episode that I recalled from years ago, though, and thought someone here might be able to help. The episode had to do with a race of beings whose language evolved very rapidly. Such that one would develop a specific language with one's mate. I believe the story was following a individual whose mate had died and the language that the two of the exclusively shared was dissipating from his vocabulary.

Does this ring any bells for anyone? I've poked around through the archives, but haven't had any luck yet. If that brings anything to mind, I'd appreciate some ideas.

Thanks!
--Ryan

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 04:23:39 AM
I recall the story you're talking about, but the title eludes me. It might also be a PodCastle.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Not-a-Robot

Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 08:17:01 AM
I recalled the story too, and went looking in the EP archives. I couldn't find it. Maybe it was PodCastle...

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 08:26:08 PM

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

rmbradburn

• Extern
Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 01:29:57 PM