Author Topic: CoW Ep. 282: Dreidel Of Dread: The Very Cthulhu Chanukah  (Read 3138 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Dreidel Of Dread: The Very Cthulhu Chanukah

• Written and narrated by Alex Shvartsman
• Audio production by Jeremy Carter
• Originally published in Galaxy’s Edge (September/October 2015)
Click here to listen to Episode 282

Alex Shvartsman is a writer, translator and game designer from Brooklyn, NY. Over 90 of his short stories have appeared in Nature, Galaxy’s Edge, InterGalactic Medicine Show, and many other magazines and anthologies. He won the 2014 WSFA Small Press Award for Short Fiction and was a finalist for the 2015 and 2017 Canopus Awards for Excellence in Interstellar Fiction. He is the editor of the Unidentified Funny Objects annual anthology series of humorous SF/F. His collection, Explaining Cthulhu to Grandma and Other Stories and his steampunk humor novella H. G. Wells, Secret Agent were both published in 2015. His website is www.alexshvartsman.com.

Twas the night before Chanukah, and all through the planet, not a creature was stirring except for the Elder God Cthulhu who was waking up from his eons-long slumber. And as the terrible creature awakened in the city of R’lyeh, deep beneath the Pacific Ocean, and wiped drool from his face-tentacles, all the usual signs heralded the upcoming apocalypse in the outside world: mass hysteria, cats and dogs living together, and cable repairmen arriving to their appointments within the designated three-hour window.

Tags: Alex Shvartsman, apocalypse, Cast of Wonders, Chanukah, Chanukah Henry, Cthulhu, dreidel, Jeremy Carter, parents basement, R'lyeh, schlimazel, shoggoths, Young Adult fiction

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 12:57:42 PM
What fun! And Oy! that last line. Took me a minute to process, but good delayed blast.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”