Author Topic: CoW Ep. 372: Little Wonders 22 – #FantasyWorldProblems  (Read 773 times)

Languorous Lass

Cast of Wonders 372: Little Wonders 22 – #FantasyWorldProblems

• Authors: Lawrence Watt-Evans, Matthew Bailey, and Donald S. Crankshaw
• Narrators: Khaalidah Muhammad-Ali, Marguerite Kenner, and Matt Dovey
• Host: Marguerite Kenner
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
• Artist: Alexis Goble

“Whatever the Price” and “The Supervisor of Accountants and the Great Grey Wolf” are Cast of Wonders originals.
"An Evil Opportunity Employer" was originally published in Unidentified Funny Objects 6, edited by Alex Shvartsman, October 2017.

Click here to listen to Episode 372

"Whatever the Price" by Matthew Bailey

The road to defeating an evil Corpse Lord is long, the oracle had told me, but it always starts with proper financing.

With a deep breath, I stepped into the Rootbridge Savings and Loan praying I wouldn’t have to sully my honor. Knowing I would, if it came to it. One way or another, I was getting what I came for–whatever the price.

"The Supervisor of Accountants and the Great Grey Wolf" by Donald Crankshaw

Ah, you recognize me. I wasn’t sure that you would. There are hundreds of officials in your court, and I have noticed that your eyes tend to glaze over when they’re introduced to you. No, no offense meant or taken. Just because the likes of me has to remember every country squire and his bastard son that passes through, that’s no reason to expect someone of your importance to remember the Supervisor of the Accountants to the Second Under-Treasurer.

"An Evil Opportunity Employer" by Lawrence Watt-Evans

Read the contract. I tell everyone that – everyone. You know how many people actually do it?

Okay, I don’t know either, but it isn’t enough of them, I can tell you that. I swear half my business and 90% of my losses come from people who didn’t do it. I don’t suppose I should complain, since that’s also at least half my income, but I get so fed up with clients who have no idea what they’ve signed that I just want to punch someone, even if I have to do it in my civilian identity.

Tags:   accountancy, adventure, Alexis Goble, collateral, Comedy, contracts, Donald S. Crankshaw, due diligence, employment law, Fantasy, High Fantasy, Jeremy Carter, Khaalidah Muhammad-Ali, kittens, Lawrence Watt-Evans, lawyers, loans, Marguerite Kenner, Matt Dovey, Matthew Bailey, regulation, superheroes, supervillains, wolves, Young Adult fiction