Author Topic: Hey, what's going on with that under-300-word contest?  (Read 31042 times)

Laieanna

• Palmer
Reply #25 on: January 30, 2007, 05:34:44 PM
kind of freaked me out having to use my 'real name' though!
I trust our dear Mr Eley not to reveal my secret identity   :o

Holy crap, your man fans over at AoMS would go nuts if they found out your name and could find sneaky ways to track you down.

Working on my comeback

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
Reply #26 on: January 30, 2007, 06:10:16 PM
Holy crap, your man fans over at AoMS would go nuts if they found out your name and could find sneaky ways to track you down.

For what it's worth, she also didn't use her usual e-mail address at theitspot.com, so even I'm reduced to making intelligent guesses as to which story was hers. 

(And that's fine with me, BTW.  I'm perfectly fine with keeping the Whore's identity...uh...pure?  Untarnished?  Damn, there's got to be a word that fits, but it isn't those.)  >8->

ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine

Laieanna

• Palmer
Reply #27 on: January 30, 2007, 06:14:20 PM

For what it's worth, she also didn't use her usual e-mail address at theitspot.com, so even I'm reduced to making intelligent guesses as to which story was hers. 

*giggle*  Sneaky

Silly Scifi Fans, Word Whores are for kids...err...no...wait...not that....

Working on my comeback

The Word Whore

• Palmer
    • Air Out My Shorts
Reply #28 on: January 30, 2007, 10:11:41 PM
(And that's fine with me, BTW.  I'm perfectly fine with keeping the Whore's identity...uh...pure?  Untarnished?  Damn, there's got to be a word that fits, but it isn't those.)  >8->

That's right, Steve... keep it secret, keep it safe   ;)
..."pure" though, I wouldn't hold you to.

Cheers,
~tWW
Air Out My Shorts
www.airoutmyshorts.com

Laieanna

• Palmer
Reply #29 on: January 31, 2007, 03:31:53 PM
I just gotta say I've become obsessed with these forums.  Part of it is waiting for any of my stories to show up.  God, I'm freakin' goofy, I even dreamed about it last night.  Second is reading all the comments about everyone else's stories.  Some have opened my eyes to things I didn't know or realize and some have just been entertaining.  Third is trying to guess which stories I think were written by my online friends.  Boy do you feel in the dark when you don't know who wrote what.  I guess...then second guess myself...then guess again.  Anonymous is pretty interesting and keeps favoritism out of the voting.

Working on my comeback

GoodDamon

• Lochage
    • Speculations - My writing blog
Reply #30 on: January 31, 2007, 08:24:46 PM
I just gotta say I've become obsessed with these forums.  Part of it is waiting for any of my stories to show up.  God, I'm freakin' goofy, I even dreamed about it last night.  Second is reading all the comments about everyone else's stories.  Some have opened my eyes to things I didn't know or realize and some have just been entertaining.  Third is trying to guess which stories I think were written by my online friends.  Boy do you feel in the dark when you don't know who wrote what.  I guess...then second guess myself...then guess again.  Anonymous is pretty interesting and keeps favoritism out of the voting.
I feel the same way. My refresh button is getting worn out. And on the plus side, it's a great excuse to avoid writing... ;)

I have the honor -- nay, privilege -- to know a few of the authors from my writing group, so I recognize their stories, at least the ones I've critiqued. I'm looking forward to when we can all out ourselves.

Damon Kaswell: Reader, writer, and arithmetic-er

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 06:55:43 PM
One thing I didn't expect from being a part of this contest is the camaraderie it seems to build in me after the completed rounds.  I feel a certain amount of kinship to some writers after reading their work, even if I didn't vote for their stuff. 

Laieanna

• Palmer
Reply #32 on: February 08, 2007, 07:02:59 PM
One thing I didn't expect from being a part of this contest is the camaraderie it seems to build in me after the completed rounds.  I feel a certain amount of kinship to some writers after reading their work, even if I didn't vote for their stuff. 

Me too.  I want to send personal messages of thanks yous and I love your posts to a bunch of people.  If only I had the energy.  Oh, but I can type here...yes I can...that apparently takes no effort.  Sheesh!

Working on my comeback