Author Topic: PC324 / 682: Without Faith, Without Law, Without Joy  (Read 14820 times)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 03:44:03 PM
Those air puff things are for the pressure of the Ocular Fluid inside the eye, not blood pressure. And it's a lot better than the instruments usually used in hospitals here in TheUK in the 80s and 90s, which used a small plastic probe touched to the front of the eye.

There! Now I've got that off my chest. I had decades of those tests while I was going blind. Sight is SO SO SO SO SO important, so REMEMBER THOSE SUNGLASSES!  8)

Ah, I guess I thought the fluid inside the eye was blood--didn't realize it was other than that!

All my optometrist visits in the last ten years or so have used the plastic probe touched to the eye instead of the airpuff, which I found to be a huge relief because even though it's creepy that it touches my eye I find myself better able to subject myself to that test than to the airpuff--the only thing I find a little annoying about the probe is that the numbing drops make my eyes feel sticky all day afterward.

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
    • Burning Zeppelin Experience
Reply #26 on: September 04, 2014, 12:20:40 AM
Those air puff things are for the pressure of the Ocular Fluid inside the eye, not blood pressure. And it's a lot better than the instruments usually used in hospitals here in TheUK in the 80s and 90s, which used a small plastic probe touched to the front of the eye.

There! Now I've got that off my chest. I had decades of those tests while I was going blind. Sight is SO SO SO SO SO important, so REMEMBER THOSE SUNGLASSES!  8)

Ah, I guess I thought the fluid inside the eye was blood--didn't realize it was other than that!

All my optometrist visits in the last ten years or so have used the plastic probe touched to the eye instead of the airpuff, which I found to be a huge relief because even though it's creepy that it touches my eye I find myself better able to subject myself to that test than to the airpuff--the only thing I find a little annoying about the probe is that the numbing drops make my eyes feel sticky all day afterward.

Oh, no. It's this amazing clear jelly called the vitreous humor!

Captain of the Burning Zeppelin Experience.

Help my kids get the educational supplies they need at my Donor's Choose page.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #27 on: April 03, 2018, 06:40:04 AM
This episode was voted the fifth best PodCastle story of our first ten years, and was re-aired as PodCastle 516a.

Happy Birthday to PodCastle! Cake will be served in the flying castle's west tower.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #28 on: June 11, 2021, 06:07:44 PM
This has been rebroadcast as PodCastle 682: TALES FROM THE VAULTS —Without Faith, Without Law, Without Joy