Author Topic: Round 2 posted!  (Read 2709 times)

eytanz

on: March 19, 2016, 08:49:43 AM
This is just a quick announcement - Round 2 has now started, and all 4 groups are available for voting!

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 03:04:43 PM
Hooray! Survived Round 1!

Now for the dismal horror of being swamped in Round 2. At least the comments seem to indicate that I'm failing for the best possible reason...

(All y'all's stories are more fun than mine, which is good for the resulting flash fiction contest episode...but that's not the reason.  ;) )

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

benjaminjb

• Hipparch
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 06:39:00 PM
I know, Tango Alpha Delta, it's a curious thing to still like my own story, but have several others in the contest that I would be happy to lose to. So many good stories!

(Also, I know of a few cases where a story that lost here got picked up elsewhere when the author submitted it around; which is how I like to think of this contest: it's just like being rejected from a magazine and sometimes, the right thing to do is just go and submit it elsewhere!)

Not-a-Robot

Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 09:26:20 PM
I'm right there with you two. There are some great stories floating around here, and we've lost some good ones in round one. It's fun to watch voting progress, and see how much personal tastes differs, even in a common audience. The transparency of the contest makes it a great learning experience.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 02:46:09 PM
(Also, I know of a few cases where a story that lost here got picked up elsewhere when the author submitted it around; which is how I like to think of this contest: it's just like being rejected from a magazine and sometimes, the right thing to do is just go and submit it elsewhere!)

A story of mine that got voted off a previous Escape Pod contest got purchased by Pseudopod, for instance. :) 

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 02:46:45 PM
Round 2!  It has been a long time since I managed to get a story to round 2 of one of the contests, am very excited.  :)