Author Topic: CoW Ep. 234 Why I’m Asking For An Extension On My Paper  (Read 2403 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Episode 234: Why I’m Asking For An Extension On My Paper by Jennifer Hykes

• Narrated by Dani Daly
• Audio production by Jeremy Carter
A Cast of Wonders original!

Jennifer Hykes has previously had stories appear in Betwixt, Abyss & Apex, PodCastle, and Apex Magazine. She lives with her husband and two cats just outside of Pittsburgh, PA. She is fairly certain that the cats are not enchanted princes, but it is sometimes hard to tell with these things.

Your narrator is our own assistant editor, community manager, and flash fiction contest runner Dani Daly. You can follow her on Twitter or say hello here at the EA forum.

Hi, Professor Brandt?  It's me, Lauren, from your morning lecture?  I know this call is really last minute, and I know you don't normally grant extensions for "anything short of the apocalypse," but would you be willing to make an exception?  Friday's storm knocked out my power.  My computer went offline literally as I sat down to type!  And then the zombies surrounded the house, and between them and the genie and little girls crash-landing on my roof and my housemate's crazy cat making a general nuisance of himself, my weekend was pretty much shot.
Wait, let me back up.

Click here to listen to Episode 234
Click here to read the text of the story

Tags: apocalypse, Cast of Wonders, cat, cooperation, Dani Daly, epistolary, fairy, homework, Jennifer Hykes, Jeremy Carter, letter, prince, school, Young Adult fiction, zombies

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
February is Women in Horror Month, an international, grassroots initiative, which encourages supporters to learn about and showcase the underrepresented work of women in the horror industries. Whether they are on the screen, behind the scenes, or contributing in their other various artistic ways, it is clear that women love, appreciate, and contribute to the horror genre. Check out the hashtag WiHM8 for plenty of suggestions. Or if you have the stomach for stronger fair, our sister show Pseudopod.

You can find all our own Women in Horror episodes here!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 04:55:40 AM
This one was absolutely delightful.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”