Author Topic: Exclusive Stories for Forumites (or "The I <3 Escape Artists Thread!")  (Read 108711 times)

DaveQat

• Extern
Hey all! Tuesday, I posted this on my LJ, but am reposting for everyone here, albeit with some slight modifications. I go into more details on my blog if you want to read there; I will try and be relatively brief here.

Essentially, I unofficially declared the next month (through the end of September) "I <3 Escape Artists Month" in an effort to get more people to join the forums and comment on stories they like. If they did that, I'd write, record, and email them a brand new story in time for Halloween - sometime in October, and will ONLY be available for forumites.

Which means YOU.

Since I came up with the idea - Mur, Alasdair, and Samantha Henderson volunteered to help out and write brand new stories for you, too. As a result, it's kind of turning into a mini-anthology for all you forumites.

ETA: And now - here's the final list of contributors: Tim Pratt, Greg van Eekhout, Mur Lafferty, MK Hobson, Tina Connolly, Samantha Henderson, Alasdair Stuart, Amal El-Mohtar, Anna Schwind, Ann Leckie, Erin Cashier, Rachel Swirsky, David Steffen, and D.K. Thompson.

If you're a poster on these forums, you can get these stories. You just have to ask for them :)

Originally, I asked people to PM me. But now since we've got this thread and there are now more people involved, you can just go ahead and just comment here.

New Posters - please find a story or narration you enjoy, comment in that thread first, and *then* come back here. Forumites who have already commented on stories, just post away here.

Do that, and we'll send you (at least) four FOURTEEN exclusive stories you can't get anywhere else. We'll send them out sometime in October.

Sound good? Any questions? Let me know!

-Dave

WOOHOO! This is awesome. I know i've commented on stories before, and now I found this. ROCK! You guys are awesome!

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Its too bad these exclusive stories will also be rare. (I'm burning and hiding some copies). It looks like 30 or so people (I'm being opto-mystic) will hear these stories, some of them by fantastic authors. So we'll have these great stories, and only the 30 of us that listened to the aftershow, and figured out how to meet the conditions, get them.

What a waste.

So, you signed up to the forum to get the stories, but complain it's a waste? Odd. They won't be wasted on me.

mcjoe

• Extern
Made a couple of posts, one on a story and one criticism (it is kinda harsh, but I hope it is taken in a constructive light, not attacking anyone, I promise!).

Thanks to all at EA for putting out such great and entertaining stories. Looking forward to the extra stories!

And now I am off to find the donate button!

Sandikal

• Matross
I certainly hope I qualify for the free stories.  I've been on these forums long enough.  ;D

stripedog

• Extern
So I thought I'd come out of my anonymous cave to see about getting some exclusive stor - ARRRG! THE LIGHT OF DAY!!! THE FLESH IT BURNS!!! - Whew, back to safety. Curse you Dave and your exclusive stories!

mbrennan

• Matross
I'd definitely love to hear the exclusives!

Psinaptic

• Extern
i would love to get the bonus content - and thank you for persuading me to post...

noriker

• Extern
Yes please.  I love Escape Artists and should have posted long before today.

skeletongue

• Extern
    • Rough Beasts!
MORE free stories from the Escape Artists?  Oh well, if you insist, I guess I can take 'em off your hands. 
You are all ridiculously awesome.  Thank you so much for the hours of wonder and amazement you've given me.

lisavilisa

• Peltast
Stories Please!

jrt14

• Extern
I have listened to all three escape artists podcast for a while. I enjoy listening to the feedback at the end of the podcast, but never came here before now. The offer of more stories was just enough of a push to get me to join. Keep the great tales coming.

obrseamus

• Extern
Please Sir, May I have some Mur?

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
i DO love escape artists!!

;D

Grayven

• Palmer
Its too bad these exclusive stories will also be rare. (I'm burning and hiding some copies). It looks like 30 or so people (I'm being opto-mystic) will hear these stories, some of them by fantastic authors. So we'll have these great stories, and only the 30 of us that listened to the aftershow, and figured out how to meet the conditions, get them.

What a waste.

So, you signed up to the forum to get the stories, but complain it's a waste? Odd. They won't be wasted on me.

Its not a waste for me. I'm gonna love hearing some stories. Its a waste that more people won't.

Hambitron

• Extern
    • Flickrstream
fantastic idea, im looking forward to next month :))

I will not fall in love with anything but the words that flutter from your extraordinary mind.

Julio

• Extern
Ibid... Stories please!

alllie

• Matross
    • alllieblog
Looking forward to hearing the stories!

AJHunter

• Extern
These stories better be at least as good as the non-exclusive ones. Or I'll sue my clone. ;D

Void Munashii

• Matross
  • twitter.com/VOIDMunashii
    • Mallville - A Journal of the Zombie Apocalypse
Me too.... I never feel I actually have anything intelligent to add to the forum (And mostly I don't). But I'd love to have some extra escape pod. (Workday becomes less drab).

If I waited until I had soemthing intelligent to say I would never say anything at all here... or anywhere else for that matter.

"Mallville - A Journal of the Zombie Apocalypse"
http://mallvillestory.blogspot.com

UrsulasShadow

• Extern
Hey, I'm just here for the stories, guys.  I'm not much on making intelligent statements about them, and I really suck at analyzing things, but I loves me some stories.

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
    • Burning Zeppelin Experience
Gonna comment here, just in case, as the outro line has shifted away from "send me a PM" and I don't want to get left off the story wagon (left behind by the story bus? Thrown out of the story airplane?) due to a clerical error.

Captain of the Burning Zeppelin Experience.

Help my kids get the educational supplies they need at my Donor's Choose page.

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Gonna comment here, just in case, as the outro line has shifted away from "send me a PM" and I don't want to get left off the story wagon (left behind by the story bus? Thrown out of the story airplane?) due to a clerical error.

Expunged from the story record.  Decimated from the story Roman army.  Vomited up by the story giant shark.  Flung from the story planet due to the sudden cessation of gravity.

telimain3333

• Extern
yah stories

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir

Yeah, I did end up switching it from "send a PM" to comment on this thread. But if anyone reading this has already sent me a PM, they don't need to comment here - unless they just want to join in the fun. But the PM will qualify you. Really, I'm going for the spirit of the law, as opposed to the letter.

raetsel

• Peltast
    • MCL & Me
1 Adult Ticket Please.

Thanks.

This is the best prize I've ever got for doing something I enjoy already.

Simon x